Sunday, May 5, 2024

4-27 Thailand Here We Come!

 We left China on Saturday afternoon taking a flight out of Pudong Airport for Kuala Lumper, Malaysia for a one night stay.  Because of the weird timing of flights out of China, we got in late in KL - so we stayed at the airport hotel - Sama Sama as we have several times before.  Our Sunday flight to Krabe, Thailand got us their around 2pm.  The Airbnb we have rented for the next two weeks is run by a company and they provide free airport pickup and ride to your abode.  We are not in Krabe proper - so it was a 45 minute ride.  They drive on the wrong side of the road here - so that took some getting used to as China drives on the right same as U.S.  

We have a small house with a small pool - perfect for us.  The two tiny sofa's are very uncomfortable.  The beds are comfortable, the kitchen chairs are ok, the showers work fine.  You just have to find the right temperature on the hot water unit in the shower, as the handle to turn the water on only does that - you can't adjust temperature by moving the lever - it doesn't move.  It is either on or off.  The water pressure is very low but it does the job.  There is only cold water in the bathroom sink and in the kitchen sink.  This is common in hot climates like Thailand.  Though I am still uncomfortable using cold water to wash dishes.  I use a lot of soap.

Living area and kitchen.  Both bedrooms are upstairs.

Kitchen area.

Comfortable place to sit or sleep

Right side of house - clothes dryer.

Gate is on the right back corner.

Other side of house has a picnic table.  We use it as extra clothes drying area - as it is too hot to eat out.  It also gets more sun than any other drying area.

Go past the picnic table and to the back of the house to find the extra large washing machine and another drying area.  That is always in the shade and has little breeze.

The one and only flowering tree on the premises - tucked away in a back corner instead of up front where it can be enjoyed.  Makes me want to do the laundry so I can enjoy it!

Front door lock.  Place your hand on the front and the key pad shows up.  Put in your code and you are in.  Inside close the door.  You hear "click"  then a voice says, "locked".

Going up or down the stairs.  At the bottom is the refrigerator with the microwave on top.  I can reach the microwave if I stand on the second step.  But then I am putting my dish into it blind - and can't turn it on.  Next time I will bring over a chair.

Tiny hall upstairs with two doors.

Each bedroom has an ensuite bathroom.


The bathroom with two shower options.  This place is nice in that it has multiple places to hang towels.  That is usually a problem in Airbnb's.  

The hot water heater.  You set the dial for the temperature you want - you have to guess as there no numbers.  Then you turn on the water with a lever - you cannot change the temperature with the lever.  I have not seen this set up before.

So that is our digs.  We get in the pool twice a day.  Michael showers after the morning swim and I shower after the pm swim.  










 




2 comments:

  1. I have definitely used microwaves above my eyelevel so I couldn´t see what I was doing. You are right - it is a challenge. In my current apartment the microwave and oven are at knee level, so I usually can´t see because I´m too lazy to bend over that far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the house looks cozy! I guess the views are of the walls of surrounding houses - or something more inspiring?

    ReplyDelete