Friday, September 30, 2022

Sept 29 PM Walk

 Tonight Michael has meetings until quite late - so I went out by myself.  Sunset was to be at 6:52 so I headed out at 6:15PM.  It was a beautiful night, a light wind, not too many clouds, temperatures perfect for shorts and a t-shirt.  

Since I walk very slow, I decided to go to the furthest, highest outlook point first and then make my way back downhill.  It was very crowded with people - lots of restaurants are open along the streets I walk up.


I passed one of the look out points on the beach.  This one has steps to the beach.  People were camped out watching the sunset.


A view towards town.  Notice there is a gap between the last couple of buildings.  This is the entry way to walk onto the little peninsula.  There is a restaurant with outside seating in the middle.  I will be walking to a further lookout to start with.


I love these clouds!


If you take this street up - you get to the newer part of town and you are going away from the water.


There are several of these tourist maps around the city - of course with advertisements for local amenities.


I got to the outlook behind the church just in time.


A view back to the lighthouse.






There is a walkway down to the rocks on the left side of the photo.




Shops are open for business.  I see tourists wearing clothing that is on offer here and other shops.  It is all very colorful and vibrant clothing.


Now I am back near the peninsula and below are chairs and umbrellas for one of the hotels nearby.


Restaurants on the left and right above.



I have not walked down this section as it is a little steep and is gated shut for the night and early morning.


Back to the beach and heading back to my street.  The moon is a sliver in the sky.





This hotel is on the corner of my street.


Back in my apartment building I wanted to document the infamous step.  The doorway and step look really innocuous - don't they?


It is only about 4" high.  But it was dark here the night I fell.


The moon and view from our balcony.


2 comments:

  1. I have heard that steps of nonstandard size are the most dangerous and your experience certainly shows this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the sun set and it get dark there by 7:30?

    ReplyDelete