Friday, September 9, 2022

Wednesday Sept 7- Morning Walk

 This morning I decided to walk up into the Old Town, and then take side streets to stay near the sea.  I woke up quite early as they seem to be doing some renovations in the apartment above us and there is a lot of noise very early.


This is off on a side street.  The sun has not risen yet.





Another side street view.  But this time up the hill towards the light house.


Streets are quiet yet.  Though there is the occasional car or motor bike.


More side street views.


There are lots of small streets with arches at the entrance.  Can you believe cars drive up this street!



A view down to the water as I climb up the hill.


I'm still a ways away from the lighthouse.




There are steps down to the water and a connecting rock/cement walkway down below.  I have not done that walk yet.


Finally made it to the lighthouse.  It is part of a military installation so you can't get any closer.


As I rounded the bend beyond the lighthouse I could see the marina below.




Time to turn around and retrace my steps back to the apartment.


It's getting lighter - but still hazy.


Seems like their is always laundry out.  The washing machines are very small and take a long time.  We wash clothes at least every other day.




A church and fountain next to the sea.


Back down the the side street I took before.  Someone is sweeping the sidewalk.  The tiny peninsula that juts out into the water is before him.


These sailboats always seem to be hanging around.


Already lots of people are on the beach staking out their spot for the day.



This is how I know this is my street.  You can't miss the ice cream cone!  Just a half a block up is our apartment.


1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see what s typical walk looks like. I love the idea of an ice cream cone landmark!

    ReplyDelete