Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Sept 28 AM Walk

 The foot saga continues.  It is still swollen and sore.  So I searched the internet again and read beyond the surface - originally I was hoping that it was a light sprain and would be healed in 2-4 weeks.  In that case it should not still be so swollen.  But alas, if the soft tissue injury is severe it can take from 3-6 months or longer to heal.  And it will still swell up, especially towards evening.  So do I try to stay off of it in the hopes that it will heal quicker - or just give up and walk as much as I can and take ibuprofen for pain.  After two days of rest- it is still swollen and hurts.  So I am giving up and just doing as much as I can. 

So this morning I went on a walk along the board walk.  The waves are still crazy.  I wanted to walk on the beach as it has been wiped clean of footprints - so I went down some steps to the beach and took photos.





I was going to try to walk back along the beach to the steps at the other end - near where you enter the old city.  But the waves were too high.  And about 25' from this spot, the waves were way up to the buildings and smashing into them.  So I had to turn around and go back the way I came.



There were 3-4 guys out surfing - didn't really seem them on their feet on their boards as the waves are not that high.  Then this women came along ready to try her luck.







3 comments:

  1. As long as you stick to walking and don't take up surfing, I bet you'll eventually heal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost hear the roar of the waves coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it still seems like you can find good photos despite the foot!

    ReplyDelete