Friday, September 30, 2022

Sept 29 AM Walk

 This morning the light is very harsh.  But I wanted to show a little of the landscape along the boardwalk heading away from town.


Along the walk is this exercise station.  I frequently see people working out in the morning - but maybe I am too early this morning.


As we are along the sea and it is frequently windy here, you see many trees like this.



The beach is mostly sand along this walk.  But there are spots where the rocks take over and you can not walk continuously from one end of the beach to the other.  Some areas have more sand - this is where the hotels have - I imagine purchased rights for their guests to use this section.  The hotels offer umbrellas and lounge chairs for their guests.  They also have a restaurant/snack shack where you can buy food and drinks.  A few are also nightclubs.  You can still walk along these sections of sand.  This hotel has a higher section of land that is mostly grass.  


Here is another hotel's section.  I was not paying attention to which hotel this was.  But there is a Peter Pan hotel, Sea Palace Hotel, Victoria Palace Hotel, etc.







I walked as far as the Tourist Hotel's piece of beach - yes the hotel is called Tourist Hotel.  This beach is not just for any tourist!


Along the way there are outlets jutting off the boardwalk where you can get better views.  Sometimes there are steps down to the beach.  This one did not have steps.  But the waves came right up to the walls and were high enough to cause large splashes - I could feel the drops.



This is the infamous tree that I hit my head on.  It is quite a hefty tree - so glad I did not get a concussion!



2 comments:

  1. despite the harsh light, the pictures are still beautiful, especially of the waves

    ReplyDelete