Saturday, September 10, 2022

Morning Walk - Sept 8

 I took my camera out again this morning.  I wanted to explore the area around the Cefula Cathedral.  This is the first time I have walked up to it this year.  


Walking by the beach as I head for the hill to Old town I pass these boats glowing in the sun.


This early you pass a lot of workmen.  The man on the left is shoveling sand into the apartment he is helping to renovate.  The other three carry various things to also help with renovations as they head for their jobs further up the hill.


I pass the street cleaner on his daily job.


I get to the cathedral before the sun has risen high enough to touch it.  This is not my goal today.  If I go to the left the street quickly dead ends.  When I head up hill on the right, I head steeply up.


This building is part of the cathedral complex.



I love an old door!


I'm not sure what this is.  Any guesses?


Sometimes the only way to get to your house is by climbing stairs.  I suspect a lot of people in the Old Town area do not have cars.  Parking is very difficult.


There are a lot of very narrow streets - access by walking or biking only.


Waiting for the trash collector.  This was on a hook about waist high.  Other times bags of trash can be on a rope hung from a second story.  Easy for the trashmen to untie and the second story owner can use the rope for another day.  And mostly the animals won't get to it.


Always lots of laundry out.


This street is wide enough for autos - but not with a row of planters going down the middle.


I saw a car go around this corner and to the left.


The road dead ends here.  I went up the steps on the right.  I saw a sign that pointed in this direction and was for the Temple of Diana.


Another old door.


After climbing up many sets of steps I eventually ended up on a pretty wide area.  There was a wall along one side with view to the sea.  You can see the wall on the bottom right of the photo above.


And I am high above the boats I took photos off at the beginning of my walk.



I am quite close to "The Rock"  as it is known.  Their are high fences to keep you out.  The fences are covered in morning glories.


A strange piece of art made out of metal odds and ends.


I'm not sure which church this is.



In my way down I passed these beautiful trees.


A view back to the town.





I passed the entrance to the Park of the Rock.  The trail is quite steep to get to the top and is very challenging.  I think I will skip it.  They are very strict about their hours - and won't let you in if they think you won't make it back before dark.


Continuing down the hill.  Not at all sure where I am in reference to the beach now.  The streets are narrow - and no sidewalks at all.


I do make it down.  I walked through bustling streets full of restaurants and business more for the locals.  Then found a stairway that led down to the beach level.  Only a couple of blocks from the beach and one block off from our street.  


I passed this art piece - but was too tired to stop and see what it was for.


The name of the street with all the restaurants and businesses - I want to go back and explore it more another time.


And past the local police station only a block from the beach.




2 comments:

  1. Hmm, this town has a lot of steps for someone who hates steps. Is it going okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that thing you weren't sure of is maybe some sort of chimney flue of sorts. that walk looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete