Saturday, September 10, 2022

Saturday Sept 10 Time to slow Down!

 I am am so tired all the time - what is going on?  Gradually it dawns on me.  I have been walking for 1-2 hours in the morning and around 1 hour every evening.  Here I am also doing 1/3 of my exercises every day.  At home I was doing a walk of 1 hour every other day.  And doing an hour of exercise the other days.     And the ragweed pollan is through the roof - so I am not feeling so well.  Maybe it is time to slow down?

I did walk on Friday morning - just along the boardwalk and to where the road ends and a steep path up begins.  On the way back I was so busy putting on my hat and sunglasses that I didn't notice the over-hanging tree next to the sea wall and banged my head against it.  Of-course I have walked by this tree many times and have made a mental note to be careful of it.  Ugh!  I have a very tender spot on left front of my head but other wise - no concussion though my teeth felt rattled when I hit the tree.

For lunch on Friday we went out to the restaurant that was our favorite last November.  Michael got a sea urchin pasta that he enjoyed.  I had whole sea bass with fries and green salad.  The fries and salad were fine. The bass - just OK.

So Friday night and today I am taking it easy.  I slept until 9am Saturday!  I can't remember the last time I slept that late.  And I am starting to feel better.

Saturdays are very busy at the Gourmet Deco as we found out today.  We have been trying to find a good fish monger shop - but they always seem to be closed.  Today they were open.  Maybe it is a weekend thing.  We ended up getting some perch fillets at Deco - as the fish stores seem to carry mostly whole fish.  I used this tiny handheld grater to make bread crumbs and grated cheese to coat them with.  My arms and hands are still sore - as the bread was not quite stale enough.  The fish was so fresh and fried with the crumbs was absolutely delicious.  I don't think I will be getting fish at a restaurant again!

The days here flow into each other.  My schedule (what I have of one) is so different then my schedule in Albuquerque.  We are starting to talk about maybe taking a day trip to close by sites this next week.  So we will see how this week goes!


1 comment:

  1. well I think the day trip will be postponed, lol. But yes but finding a new routine can also be a good aventure.

    ReplyDelete