Thursday, September 26, 2024

9-26 Ostia Antica Part III

 And on to the ending - or the part where we are exhausted and give up - and walk back to the parking lot .  Yes - all the freaking way back!




This wall decoration was part of a privately owned bath.  I did not take any more photos of this - as we have already seen two Roman baths here today.








It was somewhere here Michael and I seperated - I wanted to go back to see an area that we could not get too from where we were at.  I thought Michael would follow me - but he did not.  I did eventually find what I was looking for - but it was a convoluted pathway to get there.  





Eventually I came out to this fairly large grassy area - with a statue of a headless guy with a cute butt - I told Michael to meet me there - but he had not moved from the original spot.  

The front is not so interesting.  Michael sent me a photo of where he was - I had no idea where that was.  But I said to meet on the main road - and we did.  Later we walked past the area where the guy with the cute butt was - and Michael had to go take some pictures.










We finally sat down to rest.  We both realized that we were done in.  So we headed back the long way back to the parking lot.  

This is dinner last night - The closest thing to pepperoni pizza is Salamino Piccante.  It is hotter than what we get at home - but still very good.

Today's lunch.  We found a Bistro just across from our apartment.  We were so exhausted from our walking around Ostia Antica that we were just happy to find some place to eat so close to the apartment.  

Fist thing - we aren't going anywhere else today - so wine is good.  The pours were really good for 5 euros each.  And finally a picture of bread in a bag!  

I got cacio e pepe - pasta with cheese and pepper.

Michael had Carbonaro - pasta with bacon and cheese.  Here the bacon is really fatty. 

Then we each got protein - I got chicken wings - served with catchup and Michael Lamb on a stick and grilled vegetables.  That has been consistently, squash, eggplant and something else - here it is carrots.  Honestly - I was surprised at how fatty the chicken wings were - usually they are very lean.  We did not touch the catchup!

This was just a Grandma's food place.  The pastas were great.  The rest OK.  The wine pour - maybe too much.  We went back to our apartment - managed to bring in our laundry, fold and put it away before we each took a nap.  We were not hungry all night.  Ate a few snacks and  drank alcohol.  We are trying to get rid of what we like - and through away what we don't really like.  We need to lighten suitcases before Saturday.

Tomorrow we plan to explore the Lido - beach and maybe eat a meal at a seafood place before we head home to pack and move on to Spain.






3 comments:

  1. The restaurant had a high bar to clear work the cacio y pepe, when Uncle de-I does such a stellar job with it!

    ReplyDelete