Monday, October 7, 2024

10-5 Sailboats and Water Play

 We are here in the shoulder season - October.  So during the week things are pretty calm. But come the weekend things really pick up on the water.  I image during summer - July and August things are hopping all the time.

These photos are from this past weekend.  I somehow missed taking a photo of the parasailers.   These are the people who are pulled by a boat while they soar in the air under what looks like a parachute, but is called a parasail wing.  They go by pretty fast!  I am taking all these photos from our apartment on the 20th floor and a couple of blocks from the water.  So most of the photos are taken with the 200 mm lens and then further cropped so you can see them better.

No cropping after - photo with 200 lens.

I like this one because it shows all the striations in the ocean.  I don't know what causes it - but we really can see this from our height.

No cropping after photo taken with 200 lens.

On the weekends there may be several sailing classes - this one is for the smaller boats.  


From further out - no cropping.  It is interesting to see the different formations they practice.

This seems to be beginning paddle boarding.  I love how the instructor has on darker clothing and the students have on green shirts.  They quickly disappeared around a building and I could not see if they advanced to standing up!

The girls on the paddle board - the guys in the canoe.




If we were a lot closer to the harbor we would see a lot more of these guys.  Just watching them puts me in pain.  They must be so strong!  These guys are a long ways from the harbor where they started out.  And they stay out on the water for hours!



2 comments:

  1. makes me feel like I should try water sports, if I only had any interest

    ReplyDelete