Saturday, October 5, 2024

10-3 A New Friend

Today, Thursday, I am to meet my new friend Elin for drinks at 5:30.  We ended up talking for several hours nursing our drinks as the waiter seemed to be ignoring us.  We kept talking about how beautiful the sun shining on the mountains in the distance was - but did not take any photos.   We made a date to go take photos at the harbor on this next Tuesday.  

I did take a few photos earlier in the day:





I am filling my days (when I'm not doing dishes or cleanup) with lots of walking - and photo taking.  I have been to many shops, but not taken photos of them.  You can go to Michael's blog to see what the town of El Campello has.  

https://de-intimidator.blogspot.com/2024/10/europe-fall-2024-digging-deeper-into_4.html

I have tried to find a photo workshop in the area - but can find none.  I have decided that I can create my own class by listening to videos on any photo topic I would like to learn about.  I started by going to one of the emails I get from Shutterbug.  They always include links to various videos.  I watched one by Christian Mohrle which was a bit over my head.  I think he did about 30 different changes to one photo.  Some I knew and a lot were things I was not familiar with in Lightroom.  Now as I process my photos and I find myself thinking of how I can fix something - I make note of it and will go search for a video to find out how!


2 comments:

  1. new friends, yeah! And I love teaching yourself via videos - very of these times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing what I'd call an "independent study" is a great idea! That's the stage I'm in for Spanish learning right now

    ReplyDelete