Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Chattanooga - Southern Belle and Lookout Mountain

Today started out cloudy, but ended up with bright sun.  We had purchased tickets for the Southern Belle Riverboat.  We anticipated that it would be a great photography day.  But a third of the way through the tour I went into the lower level of the boat and saw a set up for the lunch cruise.  I was taking a photo when someone came up to me.  She said to me, "You like my setup?".  Obviously I did, but then I said something I regretted.  I said to her, "so far this cruise has been really boring."  So she told me that we were going down the river to see Lookout Mountain as so many people were interested in it.  But it is a part of the Tennessee river that is industrial and has major roads along it - totally boring.

Then she said that we would turn around and go back past the launching point and it would get real interesting.  So I decided to be patient.  I got a tiny bit better - but that is OK - I just have to be really creative.















We went to lunch at a place called Tupilo Honey Cafe in Chattanooga.  I loved some of the decor in the restaurant.  The fan system was so interesting as they were all on the same pulley system.

Then we drove up to Lookout Mountain.  There are several tourists spots up here - all cost around $20 per person.  But you could go to the Battle for Chattanooga Museum which is part of the National Parks and get in for free with the senior pass.  You did have to pay for parking ($6), which is a challenge finding a spot.  But you could walk to the best spot overlooking the city for photos.





This is just pass where the Southern Belle turned around after viewing Lookout Mountain.


Michael viewing the museum and the rock formation where an 18th century photographer used to place people.  You don't see it in this picture - the rocks look like they are totally unstable and could fall off the mountain!


1 comment:

  1. looks like you made the most of the day. Some snazzy shot!

    ReplyDelete