Saturday, April 27, 2024

Yangshou part 2

 

Continuing our visit to Yanshou.  I have divided this into three sections.  First for the foodies is a grand meal we had.  Son-in-law Tim, really enjoys good eats and has a knack for finding great restaurants.  

                                           

I don't remember what this dish was - but it was good.  Many dishes here contain what looks like red bell pepper.  It is not mild as I discovered when I ate an entire piece of it.

The best chicken I had in China  - by far.  Usually it is cut into small miscellaneous pieces and usually contains weird cut up bones.  They don't cut it into the same pieces as Americans do.


Our hotel.

This was one of the most strangely set up bathrooms.  That is Michael sitting on the toilet and smiling at me through the glass window.  I am sitting on the bed while taking the photo.

There is no shower curtain!  There is a sign above the toilet that reads, "Caution, wet floor!"

Views from our window.

That evening we saw a show our guide recommended - behind the building below.

The stage is a lake with the mountains behind it lit up for effect.

I don't remember the story line, something about a young couple in love.  It was colorfully arranged and quite beautiful to watch.




1 comment:

  1. I have heard of hotels in the US as well that have glass between the bathroom and the bedroom. This seems like such a terrible idea.

    ReplyDelete