Monday, September 28, 2026

9-24 A Few Final Photos from Turkey

 The last few days in Alanya were spent getting ready to leave.  Trying to eat whatever food we had left, but also buying a few snacks for the road.  We went on walks - sometimes taking photos - sometimes not.  No more big meals or expeditions to see sites.  

It did not really rain the whole time we were in Alanya.  But the clouds did roll in and a few drizzles happened.  This day we had great skies!








I will not miss the heat in Alanya - but I will miss what the heat causes to happen - beautiful flowers.


I have complained that Alanya is not on a shipping route and we have not seen any large ships - until 9-22 when I saw this boat.  I didn't think it was a cruise ship until I zoomed in - yup cruise ship!


That is the end of our visit to Turkey.  On 9-27 we got up early and spent most of the day flying to Spain.  We had a short layover in Istanbul and then landed in Madrid around 5pm.  As in Warsaw we waited and waited for our luggage.  The carousal stopped - not there.  Luckily the Lost Luggage desk for Turkish Air was close to #9 carousal.  So I kept watching it as we waited to speak to an agent.  

I saw new people gathering round the #9 carousal for a different flight arrival.  The carousal started again.  Sure enough after a few minutes all of our luggage appeared.  How is it possible that this has happened to us twice on this trip on different airlines?  






No comments:

Post a Comment