Monday night we met again with our Photographer/Teacher. There was a lot of discussion about checking your white balance. My evening photos of the esculators an mall area were very yellow/gold which I happen to like and the way I saw it when I was there. So here are the same photos with and without white balance correction.
Using white balance on the lamps in the middle left side of photo - gave it a very green tint - Even lowering both the green and aqua channels still left it looking green.
This one I left as it was - using white balance leached all the color out of it.
Same with this photo. I also used a very slight vignette on this photo to cut out some distracting things in the corners.
On this one I just used the temperature slider - so not much difference. Using white balance made it too green.
Same
same
White balance use improved this photo slightly. The green balls pop a little more.
This one I did not change at all. I like it as it is.
Definite improvement in this one.
White balance made it worse - so only one photo
I think I will use white balance more for day photos - or maybe in an area where everything is not already gold!














No comments:
Post a Comment