Sunday, October 8, 2017

Leaving Albuquerque!

We are just days away from our trip to Italy and Albania.  I am getting very excited.  I have gotten a few new toys for this trip.  I don't want to carry around a big heavy telephoto lens for my Nikon DSLR so I bought a Nikon Coolpix B500 that has a 40x lens.  It is certainly much lighter and takes pretty decent pictures.  I also got a fisheye lens just for the fun effects.  So I will get started by sharing a couple of pictures taken with the Coolpix.
Notice the gecko on the wall staring down at the flowers.

I took the above picture from the same perspective as this one.  I am standing on our second story balcony.  The flower pot with the red flowers is on the third step up the steps to the garden behind the brown pot.

This picture is also taken from the same balcony.  We had some rain and were blessed with a beautiful rainbow.  The ends were in front of the mountain which doesn't happen very often.  There was more sunshine on the other end of the rainbow - so it faded very fast - so no pictures.


2 comments:

  1. Have a fabulous time in Italy & Albania! Your new camera will get a work out, for sure! Love the pictures so far with your new camera! That rainbow is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at how pretty your garden is, is all I could think. Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete