Sunday, October 9, 2022

October 4-6 Misc Photos

With the issues with my foot, I am not venturing so far.  And I am going out in the morning and then in time for sunset. For the evening walk, I take a book as well as my camera and find a bench to relax on and read and wait for the sun to set.  I mostly have been walking along the board walk because it is flat and has no cobblestones which are a major problem with my right ankle.   I have discovered that I can hobble quite fast at times.  I find that I am going out earlier just so I can find a bench and read - I am enjoying that time just reading to the lull of the waves below me.

I realized that I have been taking many many photos of the same things.  So I have become more and more critical of my photos.  Out of 50-80 photos I may end up with 10-15 that I keep.  My eleven year old granddaughter seems to be interested in photography.  She sent me a photo that I critiqued last week - it was really a very good photo.  I texted her a long message on how she had used four different photography elements in her photo - which made it very interesting.  And then said if she was interested, she should send me 2-3 more photos and we would talk this weekend about them.  She was interested and sent me 3 photos.  We spent about 30 minutes on WhatsApp today talking about the photos and she wants to continue.  It was very interesting to try to explain some concepts to some one at age eleven.  It made me slow down and think things through.  And also made me realize that one thing I have been meaning to do is to get back to studying photography again.  And maybe I should be applying some of these concepts to my photos more consciously.

These are from a couple of days - all sunsets.

















1 comment:

  1. All my professor friends say that teaching is the best way to learn!

    ReplyDelete