Thursday, October 20, 2022

October 20 - Cefalu Harbor

 I have been wanting to get to the local harbor to take photos for a long time.  I kept hoping that my foot would feel well enough for me to make the long walk there - but that has not happened yet.  Today we are taking a rest day, but we still have the car.  So it is the perfect opportunity to easily get there.  The unfortunate thing is that the time Michael had available to drive me to the harbor was around high noon.  The light is very harsh at that time - but I always believe that you should take every opportunity and make the best of it.


Photos of the "Rock" and lighthouse from the other side!  I walked on the road that is just below the lighthouse several times my first week here - pre injury.



The ruins that are behind a lot of my shots here in the harbor are ruins of a castle.





These gentlemen were kind enough to let me take their photo.  I thought they were repairing the net, but on closer look they were cutting the net off the rope with a jack knife.



People working at the harbor get hungry too!  This cafe seemed like the only one open down here now.



Reflections in the window of a boat.





Fishing still life.





Patterns in the water reflected on the hulls of boats.




4 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to go to the harbor!
    Beautiful weather & fabulous pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite might be the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really taken by those textures. Would love to have a scarf with those patterns

    ReplyDelete