Saturday, June 10, 2023

June 9 - El Campello with Grandkids!

 Now that everyone has settled in in our house in Benedorm, we thought we would take the grandkids to El Campello to show them what we had enjoyed for the past month.  Yelena wanted a beach experience - to at least stick her feet into the Mediterranean.  Since it was Friday, I wanted to go back to the knitting group and say hi to the women I had met and introduce them all to my husband and grandkids.  

We went to the Garden Room and the Knitting group first.  They were welcoming and had all kinds of suggestions of what we should show the grandkids.    They strongly suggested we lunch at Bernie's Fish and Chips.  You have to know that these women are mostly British!  After that Michael and Arti headed for main street and shopping and then to the sea front.  Yelena and I went to get a pedicure.  

The Pedicure process took much longer than expected.  First, we had to wait for quite a while as they finished up other clients.  The pedicure itself did not take long.  But the drying of the colored nails did take a long time.  They had noted that we both had socks and tennis shoes on - so the polish needed to be really dry.  One of my big toes polish did get smashed.  But that is OK.  I just wanted my toenails cut.  My back pain has been so bad - I did not think I could do it myself.  Yelena and I talked while we waited, but talking was more difficult when we were getting the pedicures.  

Meanwhile the guys had done their shopping and walked along the seafront and were tired and hungry.  They stopped for snacks - Arti had Calamari and Michael had salad Ruse.  Pretty hefty dishes.  When Yelena and I finished our pedicures we were pretty hungry.  So we walked down to the seaside and to Bernie's Fish and Chips.  The meal was great.  Yelena eats fish so it was a win for all.  After that Yelena and I took off our shoes and walked along the beach with our feet in the Mediterranean.  Then we headed back to our car and drove back to Benedorm.  

Jesus on the beach!

Seating for Bernie's Fish and Chips!

This is the first time for me to walk on the beach and put my feet into the water.  The views are different.  I totally enjoyed the feel of the water on my feet.









2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great way to start your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly seems like you guys had a great trip with the kids

    ReplyDelete