Monday, May 29, 2023

May 29 Back in El Campello

 We left Villajoyosa pretty early as there were some dark clouds hanging over it and then it started sprinkling.  Back in our apartment, we regrouped and rested.  Later in the evening we went out for a walk.  

We went separately.  I find that when we are on these kinds of trips we spend way more time together than we do at home.  Sometimes in Albuquerque, it feels like we have separate lives.  So the experiences are extremes.  We need to find a balance in the middle.  In Cefalu, we did take separate walks.  And sometimes one or the other of us went to the shops.  But here as it is all new to us, the only thing we did separately was when I went to the knitting group.  I really enjoyed this group of women, and I hope that we can find a place to rent so I can keep meeting with them.

It was very clear in the late afternoon.  I don't know if that could be Villajoyosa or another small neighborhood.



Here is a closeup of that weird thing we say out in the ocean.  It looks like a couple of houses.  Maybe it is an Airbnb you can rent!  

A boat out in the middle of the sea.

The fish market where the fish auction takes place most days at 6pm.

The fish auction house is on the very left.  Next to it is the orange fishing boat.  In the top middle is the white fishing boat.  In the lower right side are a series of buildings that we surmised were for fish processing at first - but now can't figure out what their purpose is.  

We keep seeing these kinds of boats going out in the evenings.  We thought maybe they were rowing teams.  But after watching them tonight I am convinced that they are just tourists who really have no idea how to row!

I pass this restaurant on my evening walks.  I love the name, but I would never eat there.  I hate squid.  Also it is never open!

Closed restaurants.

The life guard station.  We have never seen a life guard since we have been here.  I don't see how they could get down from that height in order to save anyone in the water in time.

One of the palm trees.  The moon is rising just above the 5th limb of the tree.

We have seen lots of paddle boarders out.  This time I am a little closer.  I like the harbor in the background.

On my way back to the apartment on the main street, I finally went up the steps that I have seen so many times and thought I wonder what is up there.  This time I saw what was up there.  It is a large square with seating areas/ play area and a ramp up to the next street level.

Just across the street from our gated community is this board.  I have seen people come and go putting up pictures of candidates for various positions.  Then it either rains, or is very windy, or opposition candidates workers tear down the posters until the next time they are replaced.  I don't know when the elections are here - but we see posters all over in the cities we have visited as well as here in El Campello.

The gate on the top left is how we get into our complex.  We have a key and a fob to open the gate for our car to enter.  We see the scooters all over town.  Not that many, mind you, but sometimes we see young people zipping down the road on them heading into town.



3 comments:

  1. Your comment prompted me to do some reading- there is a large election on July 23, when all of the members of Congress and most of the members of the Senate will be elected.
    -Renee Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the research. It's nice to have conformation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to capture all the details of your place during this test visit!

    ReplyDelete