Sunday, May 21, 2023

May 18 Photos from the last few days

 I am doing a little catching up with photos taken over the last few days.  Some with the camera and some with my phone.

On our first full day in Spain we drove from Madrid to El Campello, stopping at a gas station for some drinks.  All the soda bottles here come with the lid attached.  This is good as you can't drop the cap down between the seats as you drive - but bad as sometimes the cap won't get out of the way to take a drink.

The front and back of this piece of artwork.  It is part 2 and is located in an open area, not really a park.  The first part is located on the beach and is a tall pole.  I will post a photo of it later.





Now for the foodie section - This was our lunch in Valencia.  Michael got the Salad Ruse - a smooth potato salad made with tuna and peas.

Our second try at meatballs as a tapas.  These were quite good.

And second try at potato bravos.  I did not enjoy this one much.  The red sauce was a very sweet ketchup sauce and the mayonnaise was very garlicy.  My stomach was not happy.

More beach photos - these on a very windy day.


The boardwalk!

Another view with the lifeguard station.  And way in the background - the first part of the art installation.  I'll get a better photo in the future.

And some golden light photos.


Another square with artwork.



Stores and restaurants along the boardwalk.


And one final photo along the sea.


2 comments:

  1. you guys are enjoying the sea view! Must be the pent up desire after all those years of desert living

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've noticed that about the soda bottles, but I'm not sure I've ever bought a soda in Spain. Clever.

    ReplyDelete