I took another morning walk to day - this time in the rain. It was still dark when I got up - so I checked the Apple weather app. No rain for hours was the prediction! However after I took the long slow elevator ride from the 20th floor to 0 and stepped outside - it was a different story.
I turned around and retraced my steps to our apartment to get my umbrella. A few minutes later Michael returned from his hours walk quite wet! I checked the accuweather app. It will stop raining in 11 minutes. So I waited with the umbrella safely tucked into my backpack.
I headed out again, it kept up a gentle rain off and on the whole time I was out. I took the main street just outside of our complex. If you go right - the Lidl grocery store is just across the street. If you go left a couple of blocks you come to the Mercadona grocery store. There are many other stores and restaurants on this street. I was heading in the general direction of the marina but on a parallel street.
This photo was taken from the walkway with stops for views high above the marina. I am heading towards the La Cova restaurant. Good food, reasonable prices. Note the tower on the middle left side of photo.
Photo taken from the La Cova parking lot.
Hotel along the way.
My walk yesterday was in the opposite direction. I walked by the tall building in the center right of the photo and headed for the next town. You can see the buildings going around the curve in the middle of the photo. I did not go all the way around that curve. On a clear day we can see all the way to Alicante which is about 8 miles away.
Now I am very close and walk by the tower.
I walk past the archeological dig. I have not noticed anything new happening here since we started coming to El Campello 4 years ago.

I walk down the hill and past the marina.
My walk takes me past the beach with all its restaurants and shops. It took me about 1 hour 20 minutes and then I am back in the apartment ready for breakfast.
As you can see from the photo above - the beach is empty. As the day goes on it remains cool and rains off and on. Only a few determined souls venture onto the beach and try to get some sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment