Over the years of our travels we have taken tours with professional photographers with the emphasis on them teaching us something about photography. Since covid - we really have not been able to find anyone who does this. The trend has been for the professionals to either take you to beautiful spots so you can take selfies to post on Instagram or whatever - or they take professional photos of you that you can then post on social media.
This trip was the same - we could not find anyone who could teach us. But Michael reached out to our Airbnb host here in Alanya and asked her if she knew a photographer. She happens to be Russian (this is a very popular vacation spot for Russians) and she put us in touch with a photographer who is from Moldovia and speaks Russian and some English. He has never taught anyone about photography but was game to try it.
We thought the price was a little out there - 500 Euros for about 5 hours. But I must say he has put a lot of energy into this - and even though the photo shoot is over - keeps giving us assignments!
I took 362 photos and have weened them down to 62 photos. Some of those are just because I wanted a photo to document something - not that they are that good.























I am keen to hear what you learned from the session! - alexis
ReplyDelete