Saturday, January 27, 2024

Another Rest Day

 I woke up Saturday morning to my foot hurting enough for me to declare a rest day.  I only have a few more things I would like to do in Madrid - and anyway we will be coming back here again.

So I thought I would post a few miscellaneous phone photos.

The entrance to the Museum of Madrid History.  RM is talking to her friend, Ricardo who will be telling us stories of Spain in English while we visit the museum.

My first meal out at a Spanish restaurant - Tortillas de Camarones or crispy shrimp fritters.

RM drinking coffee at a bar in Segovia.  We shared a  Napoleon which is actually a French dessert called Pain de Chocolate.

Our lunch in Segovia.  RM ha a composed salad which looked beautiful.

My fish with 6 asparagus.  I was glad to get that much protein.

Sign in the fast train to Segovia.  Shows the next station - Chamartin in Madrid.  Our speed was 204 kmh the time and the temperature is shown as well.






3 comments:

  1. I find it funny I am writing this as I talk to you! :) Rest days are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised RM could find that much vegetable matter available in a single dish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, Uncle De-I! Vegetables are much appreciated on their rare appearances.

    ReplyDelete