Friday, April 27, 2018

Tel Aviv - first day!

It's been quite a beginning to our trip.  The trip itself was uneventful and smooth.  About 3 hours to San Francisco, then another 14 hours on to Tel Aviv.
A taxi from the airport to our Airbnb got us in here around 10:30pm.  Then with our body clocks off, we didn't go to sleep until after 1:30.  Next morning - cold showers.  Our apartment manager had forgotten to tell us we needed to "switch on the boiler".  The apt itself lived up to the pictures, but could have used a good cleaning.  Mattresses very hard, but lovely room darking shutters on the windows.  Lovely patio, but lots of bird poop.  Large comfortable sectional sofa, but not much in the way of kitchen supplies. 


The neighborhood is "up and coming" so there is a lot of construction and remodeling going on.  So it is very eclectic.  Some beautiful buildings mixed with buildings in poor condition.






 Flee Market and area around it.  Close to old town Jaffa.







Lunch at a Georgian restaurant.  Very tasty and filling.
 I came on this trip with two new technological toys.  The Olympus OM-D 1 II camera and a new LG4 phone.  The problem came when I tried to download the photos from my new Olympus camera onto my computer and into Lightroom.   Lightroom cannot process the .orf (raw) files from the version II camera that it had no problem with in the original OM-D first version.  Maybe there is an update to lightroom that will fix the problem - yes there is.  Tried to download it - major error mesage, critical file missing.  It is now around 10pm.  I called Lightroom support.  It took a while to locate a technical rep - but then he must have heard the frustration in my voice.  He said, let me have access to your computer and I will fix it for you.  So for the next 20 minutes I just watched as he uninstalled lightroom, turned off my security program, reinstalled lightroom, installed the upgrade and told me how to do the same process with the other two parts of the program, Photoshop and PhotoCC and then turn security back on.  Whole process took about 40 minutes,  It would have taken me over 3 hours to do it on my own.  Needless to say I gave him all 10's in my review.  And so ended out first full day in the Tel Aviv area.

No comments:

Post a Comment