While my posts here on the blog have mostly been travel posts - this tragedy happened while traveling so I guess it is part of my travel journey.
My brother Gerry had a motorcycle accident on 7/31 - he was hit by a deer. It was very serious and originally we didn't think he was going to survive the accident. But he did. When we left for Europe on 8/24 he seemed to be in a good place and improving a little bit each day. He took a turn for the worse and suddenly died from complications last Thursday (8/27) - complications that almost always follow when someone cannot move off his back and has internal damage.
His funeral will be Sept 6 in Ohio - I will not be going. I have written up a short elegy to be read by someone else at the service. I will post it here after the event.
Sending you so many hugs, Aunt Gloria. This is so hard for all of us
ReplyDeleteWords fail. But you have to put something down to mark the beginning of the loss. Lots of love, Alexis
ReplyDelete