Thursday, July 18, 2019

North to Alaska!

I recently went on a cruise - my very first large ship cruise - to Alaska.  So many friends and acquaintances rave about cruising, so I wanted to try it for myself.  Ever since I met my husband, he has been very adamant that he would never step foot on a large ocean cruise ship.  So when my daughter and family and her husbands extended family planned this trip to Alaska, I was very excited to join them.

Here is the group, everyone but me.  We have just finished checking into the ship and get in line to get on the ship - The Grand Princess.

 We could not go to our cabins immediately, so we explored the ship and took photos back to San Francisco and the port.  That's Alcatraz in the background.



 As we set sail, we quickly reached our first point of interest, The Golden Gate Bridge.






 Back inside, some people are already taking advantage of the bountiful food provided on the ship.
 The last few pictures are from the second day of the cruise.  I spent a lot of time walking around the ship, mostly for exercise.  This was a sea day so no shots of land.

 Our first "High Tea".  And below, the cabin Yelena and I shared.  I found the size of the room acceptable as we did not spend a lot of time there.

1 comment: