Thursday, February 15, 2024

The last Madrid post - an Ode to a Niece-Companion

 I have mentioned Renee Michelle or RM frequently in my posts.  She was the one who suggestion she would serve as my niece-companion while I  visited Madrid by myself.  I can't thank her enough for making my visit there so pleasant.  

Since moving from the U.S. to Madrid last summer, she has had time to take many Spanish lessons and figured out the transportation here.  Having someone to translate the language made everything move smoother.  Yes, I could have figured a lot of things like menu's and grocery store items out myself.  I do have google translate, but it would have taken a lot longer. 

Being handed a prepaid metro card and her already having the Capify app on her phone already connected to her bank account, meant I didn't have to figure it all out.  And as her Spanish is well on its way, she could be sure she had put in the right address on her Spanish app.  

But of course, the most important role she played was as my companion.  Someone to talk to and share experiences with.  So if you ever have a chance to travel with a niece-companion - take it!  Or perhaps it is a nephew-companion, or a cousin-companion or even a friend-companion, it doesn't matter - it just makes things more fun!

2 comments:

  1. I was really happy to be able to do it! Thank you so much for coming.

    And I will not take you to another restaurant to have lunch at 4pm, I promise...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you guys did this. And so happy you were able to enjoy each other's company

    ReplyDelete